If you have a Shark robot cleaner, you know how easy it can be to keep your floors clean without much work. But there may be times when you need to reset your device because of things like error messages, trouble connecting, or software changes.
If you know how to reset your robot vacuum, you can save yourself time and trouble.
Don’t worry, it will not take much time to reset your Shark Robot Vacuum Cleaner.
How to reset the Shark Robot Vacuum
Doing a factory reset of Shark Robot vacuum is not a difficult task. You can do it from the mobile app and manually from the machine.
With the mobile app:
Resetting your Shark robot vacuum with the mobile app is a simple and convenient process that can be done in just a few steps.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to resetting your Shark robot vacuum with the mobile app:
- Open the SharkClean app on your mobile device and log in to your account.
- Tap on the “Robots” tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the Shark robot vacuum that you want to reset from the list of connected devices.
- Tap on the gear icon to access the device settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the settings page and tap on the “Reset Robot” option.
- Confirm that you want to reset the robot vacuum by tapping on “Yes” when prompted.
- Wait for the reset process to complete. The robot vacuum will automatically turn off and restart.
It’s important to know that using the mobile app to reset your Shark robot cleaner will delete all of its settings and data, including cleaning schedules and maps. After the reset process is done, you will have to set up the device all over again from scratch.
Perform a Factory Reset / Reboot Manually:
Turn off the power switch on the side of the robot and wait for at least 10 seconds then switch it on. Here is the step-by-step guide:
- Turn off the Shark robot vacuum by pressing and holding the power button on the device. This will power off the device and its sensors.
- Unplug the charging dock from the power source and remove the Shark robot vacuum from the dock.
- Turn the Shark robot vacuum upside down and locate the reset button. It’s usually located near the charging port, and you will need a small tool or paper clip to press it.
- Press and hold the reset button for 10-15 seconds. You’ll know the reset is complete when the power light on the device turns off.
- Release the reset button and turn the Shark robot vacuum back over.
- Plug the charging dock back into the power source and place the Shark robot vacuum back onto the dock.
- Wait for the Shark robot vacuum to charge fully before using it again. This may take a few hours, depending on the battery level.
- Once the Shark robot vacuum is fully charged, turn it on and check to see if the issue has been resolved.
Both methods are effective and easy to perform. If you are a savy person, you can reset your Shark Robot Vacuum with the mobile app.
How to Resolve Connection Issues With Shark IQ Robot Vacuum?
Maintenance Tips to Prevent the Need for Resetting
Even though restarting a robot vacuum can fix a lot of problems, it’s always best to avoid having to do that. It is always best to follow these tips to keep your robotic vacuum in good condition:
- If you properly maintain it by cleaning it regularly, your Shark Robot vacuum cleaner will work fine for a long. Clean the sensors, brushes, and rolls.
- Just like the cleaning of the device is important, the cleaning of the charging dock is also important.
- If your Shark Robot Vacuum is old, consider changing its filter and brush.
- Empty the bin regularly even before it gets full.
- Cords, chairs, and other things can get in the way of the sensors on your robot vacuum and make it stop working. Keep these things out of the way to ensure make sure the best results.
- Keep the mobile software up to date.
All this will help you ensure a smooth working of your robot cleaner.
Will resetting my Shark robot vacuum delete my cleaning schedules and maps?
Yes, resetting your Shark robot vacuum will erase all of its settings and data, including cleaning schedules and maps.
How often should I reset my Shark robot vacuum?
You should only reset your Shark robot vacuum when necessary. If you’re encountering issues with the device, try troubleshooting them first before resorting to resetting.
Can I prevent the need for resetting my Shark robot vacuum?
Yes, you can prevent the need for resetting your Shark robot vacuum by performing regular maintenance, such as cleaning the brush roll, replacing the filter, updating the app, and emptying the dustbin.
What do I do if resetting my Shark robot vacuum doesn’t resolve the issue?
If resetting your Shark robot vacuum doesn’t resolve the issue, try troubleshooting the problem, contact Shark customer support for assistance, or take the device to a repair technician.
Will resetting my Shark robot vacuum void the warranty?
No, resetting your Shark robot vacuum will not void the warranty. However, if you’re unsure about how to reset the device, it’s best to contact Shark customer support for guidance.
In conclusion, restarting your robot vacuum can be a good way to fix many common problems, such as connectivity issues, software bugs, and sensors that don’t work.
But it’s important to know why you might need to restart your device and what you should know before you do it.
Doing regular maintenance on your Shark robot vacuum, can help you avoid having to reset the device and keep it running easily.
By taking care of your Shark robot cleaner and using these tips, you can make sure it keeps working well and makes cleaning easier and more convenient for you.